Your most versatile kitchen appliance needs a deep clean
The best prize my dad ever brought home from a sales competition at work was undoubtedly a shiny new microwave oven. We marveled at the genius box that heats food in a matter of seconds and cooked meals in the time it took to listen to a favourite song.
That was 29 years ago, and though I have never actually cooked a full meal in the microwave myself, it is an appliance we use every day. Which means it can get kind of grimy because let’s be realistic – no one ever cleans up their food spills and splatters.
So imagine my joy when I discovered a simple, quick way to clean this most versatile cooker. All you’ll need is a lemon (or two depending on the size).
[grwebform url=”https://app.getresponse.com/view_webform_v2.js?u=zZhCA&webforms_id=26661802″ css=”on” center=”off” center_margin=”200″/]
- Cut the lemon in half and place it directly on the glass turntable.
- Set the timer to 1 minute if the oven is only slightly dirty or 2 minutes for tougher gunk, on the highest cooking setting and blitz that lemon.
- Once done allow it to cool enough to safely handle and throw the lemon away.
- Give the turntable a light rinse in warm water, and use a moist soft cloth to wipe down the sides and roof inside the oven.
- Don’t forget to give the door a quick rub too. And you’re left with a clean and fresh microwave – at least until the next person re-heats their uncovered food.
Here’s to keeping it fresh…